Wednesday, April 6, 2011





This is my flamingo that I created out of wire and pipe-cleaner. I used a bit of clay so that it would stand up on it's one leg. I gave myself the handicap of being blind while I made this flamingo. I had a blindfold on and it took me forever. Honestly it took like two hours because I wanted there to still be some detail but I had to feel it all since I wouldn't see anything. By the end I was able to use the pliers easier because I had gotten used to what it was like and how to manipulate the wire the way that I wanted. This was an interesting experience and it really gave me some insight into what I will need to do to help those student sin my class who might have special needs. Time is a huge thing. You can't rush any child when they're doing an art project because they really care a lot about their work and they want it to be their best. If we rush them it gives the impression that art is not important and that we will accept mediocre or half hearted attempts. I know a flamingo isn't a typical circus animal but I thought it would be really fun to make and I only had pink wire and pink pipe cleaners at my house. I'm pretty sure you can find a flamingo at a circus in Florida or any place that they native too. If I had a circus I would definitely have Flamingos participating.

No comments: