Monday, February 28, 2011

Aboriginal Art-Journey


My journey. This is my journey from my bed to my kitchen because I live so close to campus that any other journey is super lame. The moon and cloud depict my bed where i sleep, then my footprints past my roommates, the sun and fire because one has red hair and the other has blonde hair. The washer is the blue lake on the left and then the mountains are the stairs. The rain is the shower that I pass on the way to the kitchen where i am standing with a happy belly because I get to eat. I think the stipple was more fun then the cross-stitch and I think it looks cooler.

1 comment:

Val Art 3700 said...

Valerie Long
Peer Critique
What do you see? I see lots of geometric and organic shapes. I see a yellow moon, a yellow sun and some red fire. I see blue water and rain. I see a happy girl. I see a lot of stipple and a lot of crosshatching. The stippling looks like it would have a bumpy texture while the rest of the picture looks smooth.
Who made it? Jacque made this. Jacque is the artist and she is one of my classmates in my art 3700 class.
How was the artwork made? This artwork was made with a brown paper bag and tempera paint. This artwork was made using the techniques that are used by Australian Aboriginies.
What does the artwork mean? This artwork represents a journey that the artist takes on a daily basis. The artwork represents the artist’s journey from bed to the kitchen each day. The journey shows several landmarks that are passed along the way.
What did the artist do well? I think that the artist did a really good job on this artwork. I chose this particular piece because I really liked the look of it. I love how the artist took a super simple journey like walking from her bed into the kitchen and really made it a beautiful piece of work. I love how the artist used such great symbols to represent the landmarks she passes each day. Like the yellow sun to represent her blonde roommate and the red fire to represent her red headed roommate. Not only are the symbolisms very cool but the artwork itself is very good. I also like how she filled the entire page.
What could the artist change and make better? I liked it all and wouldn’t change a thing. If I had to say one thing it would be the blue color used to represent the shower water and the washing machine. I really like the blue on the picture but I think we were only supposed to use the 4 colors – red, white, black and yellow.